Jobs @ TopHatch
At TopHatch, we delight and empower creative people. Our powerful, award-winning design tools simplify the creative process with smarter, more intuitive technology. You could say we’re building the future of design. And we’d love your help. Check out Concepts in the App Store
iOS Objective-C Developer
We're on the lookout for an experienced iOS developer to work on developing Concepts. We are looking for someone who is passionate about building great mobile software. Someone who loves to hack, but can then turn this into a high quality, stable deliverable that our customers will love. Someone who is comfortable iterating on a feature until it is done, however many cycles that takes. Maybe that's you?
- The role is focussed on user interface development using Objective-C, with an ability to understand and write C++ too.
- Collaborating closely with other team members to define, design, develop, test and deliver the Concepts experience on iOS.
- Delivering a quality software solution using an agile mobile development cycle. We ship fast and often; you’ll need to be able to roll with it.
- Analyzing business requirements, providing development estimates and feedback on risk.
Our preference is to employ someone in a location that we already have employees, so our Turku office in Finland, or a remote position in USA, or UK. But for the right person we will hire you wherever you are.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. You'll need to be a confident communicator, happy to work daily on Slack/Github to report progress and issues with local and remote team members.
- An understanding of the importance of visual and interaction design, and a willingness to work closely with designers to deliver great user experiences.
- 3+ years as an iOS developer working in Objective-C and C++. We anticipate starting the transition to Swift next year, but we have a large codebase in Objective-C.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision in a collaborative work environment.
If we have piqued your interest, please send an email to concepts (at) tophatch.com with your desired compensation. We'll be hiring as soon as we find the perfect candidate!
Have a skill you think we need? Get in touch.